HUNTERS HILL-LE VESINET STUDENT EXCHANGE 2023/24
WHAT TO TAKE TO FRANCE
Take clothes you like and want to wear. It’s a long way to carry things you won’t use!
- Houses, schools, shops etc are centrally heated, so have warm outer clothing which can be removed when you come home. You will probably find the houses quite hot. It will be very cold outside.
- No school uniform, so you will need several changes of clothes for during the week.
- Good parka or coat for outside, going to school etc
- Shoes – joggers, or walking shoes, good shoes for special outings
- Slippers or soft indoor shoes. Shoes are usually taken off before entering the house and wearing socks or barefeet is often not acceptable.
- T-shirts / light shirts for indoors
- Socks, tights, underwear
- An outfit for going out.
- There will be a welcome reception and a farewell function and your family will usually dress up for Christmas and New Year’s Eve celebrations as well as any special dinners out with family or friends.
OTHER THINGS TO TAKE WITH YOU.
- Gifts to give on arrival, and for Christmas & New Year – Find out who will be there, eg:
– Photos/Sketches of Sydney
– Tea towels
– Wallabies paraphernalia
– Australian animals – paintings, drawings, postcards
– Clip on koalas
– Fridge Magnets
– Scarves, Purses, wallets
– Small koalas & kangaroos
– T-shirts with surfing, animal, aboriginal, beach, red centre motifs
– Yellow signs (koalas next 200 m)
– Calendars of Sydney, Australia
– Macadamia nuts
– Oven gloves
– Pens, pencils with logos
- Overnight bag / Backpack for weekend trips
- Find out where you are going for the school holidays and the appropriate gear to take.
- If you are going skiing, enquire first about borrowing ski gear as it is very bulky to travel with.